Westfield, NJ
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Only Deutschland played a good football game. The first real game of the World Cup.

I enjoyed watching them so much. They could go all the way!!!

Huddersfield, UK
Decktonic wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Only Deutschland played a good football game. The first real game of the World Cup.

I enjoyed watching them so much. They could go all the way!!!

I feel pretty sorry for whoever finishes second in England/USA group anyway tongue

Holland kick off soon also, I'd put them up there with Spain and Brazil as favourites

Westfield, NJ
J&HT wrote:

Holland kick off soon also, I'd put them up there with Spain and Brazil as favourites

Just saw Denmark score on themselves. LULZ.

uhajdafdfdfa

Holland played pretty bad, Japan/Cameroon even worse so far. sad The world cup has been not too great so far overall, do we blame it on the Vuvuzelas or on the new ball?

Westfield, NJ
ant1 wrote:

The world cup has been not too great so far overall, do we blame it on the Vuvuzelas or on the new ball?

Why not both? I bet the turf sucks too.

uhajdafdfdfa
Decktonic wrote:
ant1 wrote:

The world cup has been not too great so far overall, do we blame it on the Vuvuzelas or on the new ball?

Why not both? I bet the turf sucks too.

Yes, and I forgot to mention the altitude too. South Africa sucks!

Unsubscribe

I blame the lingering spectre of Apartheid.

England

Wow, now I have some opinions to regurgitate at the men in my office, thanks guys!

ant1 wrote:

Opening games are never too great! We'll have to wait for the knockout stages for things to get interesting. Even then Germany were very impressive (interestingly the Bundesliga had been using the new ball since January) and I'm really looking forward to Brazil playing the DPRK tonight...such a bizarre mismatch of teams in a World Cup I'm not sure I've seen in a while. Japan vs. Cameroon didn't exactly set the world alight either but I went mental when Honda scored.

Westfield, NJ
Stevens wrote:
ant1 wrote:

Opening games are never too great!

This. Last year I did not start watching until after the group games, and every game was amazing. Plus, most games so far have been between two very well matched teams... there are only a few exceptions like Germany vs Australia which was a massacre. Then again, players and coaches have complained about the noise and the ball being unpredictable... so maybe that stuff is to blame. Anyway I have to mention that last WC, teams like England, France and Italy didn't perform so well in the group games but then put on much better performances in the finals.

London, Ontario

stoked on watching ronaldo

uhajdafdfdfa
Decktonic wrote:

Last year I did not start watching until after the group games.

Last year's World Cup was great, wasn't it?! wink

edit: Slovakia and New Zealand both sucked. Let's hope Portugal and Brazil can do a bit better! big_smile

Last edited by ant1 (Jun 15, 2010 1:48 pm)

Westfield, NJ
ant1 wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

Last year I did not start watching until after the group games.

Last year's World Cup was great, wasn't it?! wink

Yeah until Brazil and Germany let me down sad

uhajdafdfdfa

Ronaldo already showing himself to be the diving scumbag he is. sad

He should be banned from the sport imho.

Westfield, NJ
ant1 wrote:

LOL I just saw that. Two dives for him so far. I think Portugal could do better without him.

uhajdafdfdfa
Decktonic wrote:
ant1 wrote:

LOL I just saw that. Two dives for him so far. I think Portugal could do better without him.

I don't think they would do better at winning matches, but at playing football without making me want to cringe, yes, they'd do much better without him. smile