Brooklyn, NY

Outstanding!

Neil: I still have some of the videos from the original tests, do you want me to upload them?

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Aug 16, 2010 10:29 pm)

neilbaldwin wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

i asked neil about this in another thread -
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1969/ … rm/page/2/

Yep, pretty much sums up the current status of sync.

I have been swapping PMs with Batsly about this stuff recently but don't expect any major announcements just yet. I will strive to get this working though as it was exciting to see NTRQ & LSDJ in sync, even though back then it was a little flaky.

Just remembered I don't think I ever posted up the video of it working did I?

I'll fix that later tonight when I get home.

Sounds exciting!
I'm thinking that if you're able to have a stable serial communication through the game port it should be quite possible to have the NES work as sync slave. And that would be awesome!

WOW MAN!

I done another video. It's a bit strange. smile

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=344

Minneapolis
neilbaldwin wrote:

I done another video. It's a bit strange. smile

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=344

Um, yes it's odd, but possibly something quite cool. I like it!

EDIT: watching the video and seeing the two-color bottom of the screen, I think it looks a bit like the front of a NES. Put some bottom corners on it, so it'll really look like a NES. big_smile

Last edited by arfink (Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm)

Unsubscribe

i soaked my drawers.

San Francisco

THIS IS A REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wedanced wrote:

THIS IS A REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brazil

Beautiful! Looking forward to it.

venezuela ccs
neilbaldwin wrote:

I'd like to hear from anyone who has ideas for Pulsar. At the moment I'm planning to steal ideas from LSDJ - I told Johan and he's cool smile

One of the big issues I need to address is the amount of screen updating per-frame because the synth engine will be refreshed 4 times per frame (as you can see). LSDJ has a much simpler screen layout than NTRQ so I need to head in that direction.

Any and all ideas welcome.

Hello Neil, and friends,

This is an idea that I thought time behind as a bonus for Lsdj, but I never said to Johan, say me that you think!.

Inspired in "nanoloop" the idea to add a basic Dual view of the "patern screen only", simply selecting between one or other screen, for lovers of drum-machines, nanoloop style and old school step sequencers (like the roland tr-808, tr-909 rhythm compuser interface).

I think that the best thing of nano its the 4x4 matrix idea, because you can loop horizontally graphicly and  loops take diferent swim.

In my opinion a hybrid between both interfaces, "lsdj tracker style as master" and "matrix stepseq" like bonus turns PULSAR in a diverse and modern interface.

see the example:

I am very happy to know that soon we will be tracking Nes sound so friendly as lsdj, thank you Neil for your love to this work and support all the chipmusic artist...

Last edited by EBOT (Aug 24, 2010 9:05 am)

WOW MAN!

Interesting concept. I don't know anything about Nanoloop (no, seriously, apart from knowing it has a grid smile) so I'm not sure what advantage/difference a layout like that would give you?

Unsubscribe

Its easier to make happy mistakes?

Tokyo, Japan

Please forgive me if this has been addressed before. I am woefully behind on the last couple of months of bad ass indie NES development but is pulsar going to open up synthesis options which were not available to MML users?

WOW MAN!
Lazerbeat wrote:

Please forgive me if this has been addressed before. I am woefully behind on the last couple of months of bad ass indie NES development but is pulsar going to open up synthesis options which were not available to MML users?

Have a listen to the demos. If you're an MML user (I've dabbled) you're probably in a better position to judge what can/can't be done compared to what is going on in Pulsar.

venezuela ccs
neilbaldwin wrote:

Interesting concept. I don't know anything about Nanoloop (no, seriously, apart from knowing it has a grid smile) so I'm not sure what advantage/difference a layout like that would give you?

thanks mr. Neil.

Im not a nanoloop 100% user too, but I must admit that it has a "very rapid and generative way of creating rhythms", the nano patern screen is a simply "16 step sequencer line" reorganized in 4x4 lines for better preview, is not  a grid!, is the same 16 step like the Tr-909 concept.

The idea of a "Dual view patern editor" is so cool to have different ways to generate  patterns of 16 steps!

Notes written in "Tracker mode" appear automatically represented in "Matrix mode" and vice versa. The effects can be edited only in the "Tracker view" with more space and detail.

They are only ideas that in my experience can be very good! thanks brother!

click to see this animation

Dual view + step sequencers. full size

people, what you think!

Last edited by EBOT (Aug 24, 2010 8:44 pm)

Turku, FIN

Hmmm!..

Westfield, NJ

I like the matrix... Nanoloop for iPhone is where I have worked with it. It's perfect for small screens... maximizes the x/y space best on square screens.