West Yorks, UK

oh yeah anyway, i forgot my main point- id love a gp2x midi playing program compatible with the piggy to midi, so that I could go write a nice long polyphonic pattern/ song in bhajis, export the midi to SD, swap it from the PDA into gp2x and play it into some portable synth.

tell me that wouldnt be rad! course it would.

San Francisco

I see the piggy thread is in use. i always check the piggy thread.

a visual loop editor would be cool or a way to see what you are editing. numbers are good but its hard to tell where your at.

if you did a "save as" the load time for saving a project under a new name would take forever wouldnt it? rewriting all that info and data plus the files might be too much for these devices little processors.

That's a good point - I hadn't considered that.

Also, loading samples on piggy.. Sometimes I have a loop going and I want to check a whole bunch of snares to see if they fit. It would be nice to be able to keep loading different samples into an instrument, rather than having to import -> exit -> load each time.. a small niggle, but would improve my workflow for sure.

West Yorks, UK

mk- drop all the snares into the project folder at the start, this way you can preview them in instruments and then compact instruments n the tempo/ load screen to get rid of any unused samples

Geneva, NY

yeah either that or just import a bunch in the import screen then compact later. every time you hit import after the first one, a new instrument is created with the imported sample.

☺☺☺

or be a baller and trigger that shit with the listen button as the song plays tp see which one fits

/me bboy stands

Brazil
Emar wrote:

or be a baller and trigger that shit with the listen button as the song plays tp see which one fits

/me bboy stands

I do that A LOT.

San Francisco
Emar wrote:

/me bboy stands

thats how we do.
also this might be a bug in the new ghettos. I have been having freezes occur when i am  making a new instrument while the song is playing. everytime it hits an instrument with no sample in it it asplodes. well not everytime but you know.... lost some stuff that way. any one experience this?

Venezuela

is the fourth time i tried the piggy on PC (windows version).... and it always end BAD and FAIL...

I dont get why it lag so bad???? is there is any special config or something, because every time i starts to edit the instruments it starts to lag a lot, to the point where I hear only noises coming from the piggy.

Plz i really wanna fix that, because i dont own a PSP, GP2X or any other console. But i still want to compose tracks there, but i always stop to doing it, because of that. Is there is anyway to solve this problem, plz let me know.

Brazil

In my girlfriend's pc, which is now the only pc I have access, LGPT lags immensely. I think it's because Vista. It crashes a lot too, but since I have the dingoo I don't use it on the pc anymore.

I tend to let the screen the original, cause going to 2x it tends to lag a lot.

Unsubscribe

Check the piggy mailing list archives, basically there is a ini setting to force it to use mmsytem for the audio driver which may be more stable for you guys.

Unsubscribe
wedanced wrote:
Emar wrote:

/me bboy stands

thats how we do.
also this might be a bug in the new ghettos. I have been having freezes occur when i am  making a new instrument while the song is playing. everytime it hits an instrument with no sample in it it asplodes. well not everytime but you know.... lost some stuff that way. any one experience this?

Its never a good idea to edit patches during playback.

New York City
herr_prof wrote:

It' ALWAYS a good idea to hear changes on the fly. This should be supported.

Geneva, NY
herr_prof wrote:

Check the piggy mailing list archives, basically there is a ini setting to force it to use mmsytem for the audio driver which may be more stable for you guys.

MMSYSTEM is really only used to improve MIDI stability, not really to fix audio issues, but you could definitely try it. Or even try some of the other audio config parameters like ASIO:

http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph … figuration

I never used the win32 build in Vista, but I've used it extensively in XP and 7 and never really had any audio issues. I DID have a weird redraw issue in win7 and marc did a special build to fix it for me here:

http://hexawe.net/builds/1.1h_043_win7/

Usually when weird shit like this is going on, there's a parameter in your config.xml file fucking shit up. Are you possibly doing a realtime filesplit render? Maybe logging? I usually drag the config file out of the piggy folder to remove it from the equation. Try that and see if shit is still lagging or being fucky.

Unsubscribe
akira^8GB wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I woudlnt hold my breath.

Venezuela
akira^8GB wrote:

im totally agree with you akira

@bleo!, really thx for that link!, i will try that config.xml tonight and see what happend, if still lag so much, i will have to wait till i have on my hands a console! sad((((((( or a better version of the piggy for win or DS, but i know a DS would be almost imposible wink....