Los Angeles

http://littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest/full_version/

There is a updated rom on the LSDJ site FYI. Don't need to contact me.

Spokompton

This is really powerful. So much that it's making me really hungry for 2 features:
- MIDI input, at least for clock. But keyboard control of these MIDI instruments would be... madness.
- Note velocity transmit.
Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth at all. This is already off the hook - I can do stuff with it I can't do with anything else.

france

simplest way for using lsdj as a midi sequencer :

Matthew Joseph Payne

That is a stylin' diagram right there.

Unsubscribe

Cool new shield: http://www.ruggedcircuits.com/html/flex … hield.html

Matthew Joseph Payne

With a baby on the way, I've finally had some time at home to work on music stuff (how does that work, right?), and I've spent most of the day fiddling with this. It's a ton of fun, but I've been having some inconsistencies.

Example: http://chipmusic.org/kineticturtle/musi … experiment

The longer LSDJ loops the phrase, the more it begins to trigger samples - samples I don't even use anywhere in the song - and it seems to occur only in places where I have used other commands. Sometimes it occurs at the top of a pattern, where no commands are being issued (although it may be an instrument table resetting?)

So far today I have installed the latest version of MIDIOUT LSDJ (4.1.0) and the latest version of the arduinoboy sketch (1.2.1). I have tried delay settings everywhere from 40 to 120, with multipliers of 1 to 4. I have also tried multiple DMGs and a pocket.

Anyone got any thoughts? smile

Fargo

At first I was like :-/  But then I saw the videos and realized LSDJ would still be playing while sending MIDI signals to multiple pieces of outboard gear as well.  Then I was like big_smile

Fargo

I don't know much about Arduinos, but does the fact that this works with them mean that building an Arduinoboy just got easier?

Texas
Krubbz wrote:

I don't know much about Arduinos, but does the fact that this works with them mean that building an Arduinoboy just got easier?

Looks like it could be used with little to no modifications, though I haven't finished building my ArduinoBoy so I can't say for sure. Trying to figure out where to mount my MIDI connectors was a small bother so this shield would generally solve that problem.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Soooooo... what are the chances of putting these features in a newer version of LSDJ? smile

Unsubscribe

Yea, Tim, at least up to the new latest stable: full_version/lsdj4_5_4-stable.zip Please ! big_smile

Los Angeles

Yeah, I'll get right on that, you spoiled ass mother fuckers.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Unsubscribe

Speaking of which.. who here is using it ? I'm using it on almost every song in the live set, if not as a sequencer, at least a preset manager.

rochester, ny

i would use it but i havent been able to reflash my arduino yet.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I started to use it, but it just hasn't been reliable enough for me, no matter how I change the delay settings. sad