Alive and well in fucksville

Gameboys are the best.

TX

I realized I never actually introduced myself here; I've been a member for a while but mostly lurk. I'm Brother Android and I make tracker music (I use and have always used Skale Tracker and still don't know if I should apologize for that) that sometimes tries to sound like some kind of chip music, but less so these days. I make game soundtracks sometimes (e.g. Hero Core) and I also play sad folk songs under my human name. I live in Texas but am from Idaho of all the crazy places.

electronic music:
brotherandroid.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/brother-android

real live music:
harrisonlemke.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/hlemke

I too have been here for a while now; ever so oftenly posting questions, but never formally introduced myself. I one day for a school project needed a sound track, so instead of waiting for a friend I decided to load up the demo of FL studio and make my own. From there I only started using the program more and more, and I ended up buying it and trying to bring myself into the world of music.
Oh and I play cello, but that doesn't really matter.

King's Lynn, UK
Xetryz wrote:

Oh and I play cello, but that doesn't really matter.

Hell yeah it does, mix some cello into your chip, I'm sure you could get an awesome track out of it somehow.

Mobile, Alabama, USA

Hello chip music people, I'm Apramada, an electronic musician from Mobile, Alabama (ha). It's exciting to see so much talent and know-how concentrated in one place, and this forum is much more polite and well moderated than most music communities. My music isn't technically chiptune, but I do use a lot of simple sounds that to the layperson are synonymous with 8bit or chiptune. I do absolutely everything on a Korg EMX-1 groovebox. I've found that embracing limitations is essential for fostering creativity, and in my opinion it leads to much more interesting music.

Arizona

Hello. I'm Vincent, under the name Jaeger for lack of imagination. More on my identity in my profile.
I've lurked around this site as a guest for more than a year. I've always loved video game music back in the day, but I was never able to actually find a place that focuses on it until now.
I absolutely love this site! The community is awesome and friendly, and the music is just amazing. I hope to someday contribute to it.
I downloaded a copy of SunVox to my iPhone, and ever since, I can't seem to put it down. However, I don't think any of my creations with it belong here, because with SunVox, I tend to stray off the Chiptune genre a bit. So my first song is on NewGrounds instead, to receive constructive criticism.
Not only that, but I'm incredibly shy and easily discouraged, so I won't be posting here much.
I feel that it's also worth mentioning that I'm a Brony, though I won't speak of it unless I'm spoken to about it.

Hey,

My name's Steven, and I've been doing tracker music for a long time, first with Scream Tracker and Impulse Tracker, and most recently with Renoise. Recently I've been inspired to try my hand at "authentic" chiptune music using vintage hardware such as the C-64 using assembly language. I've seen some awesome tutorials on this site and I can't wait to start applying what I've learned!

In addition to doing computer music, I play drums, piano, bass, and guitar. I've got eclectic musical taste (I bet a lot of people on here do), and it shows in my own music, which ranges from synth-pop to power-pop. (I've got music on soundcloud, just search for stevenlebeau).

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and introduce myself.

MA

I've been here for quite a while but never introduced myself. Hello, My name is Dakota but for my music I'm known as Powerghost. People have told me they enjoy my music but a bit of people describe my chiptunes as creepy but I have no clue why [other than one song I made]. You can find my music on Bandcamp and SoundCloud. You can find my facebook page here. I hope you enjoy listening heart

Hi.  My name is Landon.  My project is called Heimao.  I make chiptune music with Gameboy DMG-01 and Gameboy Advance SP with both Nanoloop and LSDJ carts.  I love the character of game music, but I also enjoy making chip music in different styles.

Might as well say hello. I'm Sinclair Strange and I thought I would get into the world chiptuning. I actually make video games, so that's where my love for retro stuff comes in. I bought a LSDJ cart as I'm currently making a gameboy flash game and I needed some authentic music for it.

So yeah. You got to start somewhere. smile
-Sinclair

Kyle, Tx

Salutations,
My name is Laban. I am a locksmith and in my free time I enjoy pen and paper games, reading, alchemy, and playing retro video games. I had at one time been working on releasing an album but things happened in my life and brought myy passion for music to a dire halt. I am back on my feet standing on solid ground with tunes rolling through my head all day and all night. I am starting out with lsdj because the gameboy has always been a personal favorite of mine. I am so happy to meet you all and I hope to learn from you. My dream is to someday release a full album of origional songs on cd. Thank youu all.

-Laban

Hey, I'm Thomas, I'm new to the site. Well, I've kinda been lurking for a bit, pulling tips and hints from places, but now I've finally decided to set up an account. Anyway, I started getting into chiptunes in October of 2012, trying to put together my own songs (and doing terrible at them), and actually seriously started listening just this month. I've mostly been working with LSDj, although only on an emulator since I've yet to get a flash cart for my Game Boy. I plan on getting one soon though, so I can do all my work on my Game Boy. Which currently, I'm stuck with a GBC until I can prosound my DMG (already tried, completely messed up the sound now, so I need to fix it soon), but it's better than an emulator, and it lets me write more complex tracks than on a DMG. Anyways, I just noticed the introduction thread, so I decided I'd post this, introduce myself to the community. I hope to start writing better and better tracks, and to start performing live. I'd have to probably perform in a different location than where I'm at right now; small town in central Florida really doesn't have a big chiptune scene. Like, I know of one other artist in this town, or even the county. I'd love to perform live though, I'm sure it'd be fun.

As for other types of music, I listen to a lot of 90's alternative rock, a lot of alt-metal, a lot of prog, and quite a lot of electronic music. Although I mostly prefer alt-rock/alt-metal, mostly from the 90's. I do also play quite a few instruments, and have a decent knowledge of music theory, so while I'm new to chiptunes and writing on a Game Boy, I do know my way around a keyboard, or a guitar (especially guitar), and have written about an album's worth of progressive alt-metal that I really need to get finished.

So, anyways, this is my introduction post. Love the community, can't wait to write more songs and hopefully perform live sometime. Also, I apologize for making this go so long.

Port Huron, MI

cheers everyone, im reborn.nsf. i started in 08 useing famitracker, then moved on to lsdj on my dmg, glad this forum is here, i thought i was fucked when 8bc went down, i have a shitload of other projects but chipmusic is by far my fav, ive lurked here for a few years or so, im now getting back into chipmusic and loving it, love all you guys! no homo, imlooking forward to learning from the pros on here!

-cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/rebornnsf
https://soundcloud.com/gobbstomper
https://soundcloud.com/zachulrich
https://soundcloud.com/the-sunday-after

the Netherlands

Hello!
It's probably a good idea to introduce myself as I want to start being a part of a community to share/talk about all sorts of chip again.

I've been making music since 2006 and spent 24/7 on 8bc back in the good ol' days. When it disappeared, I disappeared too and didn't really focus on chip anymore.
I started an ambient-ish project which can be listened to here: http://textures.bandcamp.com/ (I'm really proud of it, please have a listen big_smile) but I thought it'd be fun to continue with Popsicle Theory so I made an EP, which took forever and a day, which can be listened to here (its also on the releases page) http://popsicletheory.bandcamp.com/ and I have a Soundcloud on which I post a lot of WIPs and stuff: https://soundcloud.com/popsicletheory

some other stuff about me: my name is Eline, I'm turning 24 next month, and I live in the Netherlands.
In my spare time I'm an English teacher/software engineer and I like to spend all of my money on games/consoles.

so yeah, if anyone who remembers me wants to have a chat, come visit me at Eindbaas in October (I'll just be in the audience don't worry) big_smile

Puerto Rico

Hey guys! I'm Manny from the island of Puerto Rico.

I've been a musician since I was 12 (I'm 25 now) started with guitar and moved on to bass and keyboards. I've been messing around with DAW's for a bit, (mostly FL and Ableton, but since the first time I was introduced to chiptune, my whole perspective on music changed.)

I had always been an avid fan of old-school soundtracks like Megaman 2 and Sonic (even learnt them all on keyboard) so you can imagine how at home I felt when I discovered chiptune! smile

I've messed around with trackers (Milkytracker mainly) and vst plug-ins for LMMS (the workstation i use on ubuntu) but I'm just now starting onthe DMG and Nanoloop. (Should be arriving soon!)

Not a huge chip scene here, but a couple of us on the island are working on the case!

I'm really happy to meet all of you!
Cheers!

NC in the US of America

PanicPlant welcome! It is nice to see a fellow LMMS user. big_smile

There are many many chipmusic composing options out there, so feel free to branch out to wherever you want or just stay right at home :3.