Louisiana
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

i think you can do better than that actually...

Lawlzing at the perfect hair for ever reference. Didnt know anyone remembered this show.

Turku, FIN
nordloef wrote:

I'm a bum.

You too?

Nottingham, UK

I'm a trained linguist who's just about to graduate into a world that doesn't actually need linguists. I work in a pub to stay afloat.

Other than that, I hang around in Leicester UK making music as and when I can. If I'm not working, I participate in the Dirty Electronics Ensemble with my friend and mentor John Richards, who recently designed a synth for mute records.

I generally try to Wrangle DIY instruments as and when I can, and I like giving workshops when I have the opportunity. Currently interested in Micro Radio transmitters and broadcasting TAZ's.

I've also performed with Chris Carter of Throbbing gristle, which is one of my proudest achievements. Lucky enough to own one of the original Dirty Carter E.S.G.I.'s

I also play the shit out of minecraft.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 25, 2012 10:37 am)

East Kilbride, Scotland
kitsch wrote:

got my MA in PoliSci in december, its done all of shit for me.  so i'm either unemployed, or fully employed at kitsch-bent, depending on who you're asking...

I finished up an MSc in European Public Policy in October and it has got me nowhere either. It seems now I've got little chance of finding employment with that unless I put myself into major debt working free for at least a year in another country, and that's without any guarantee of a job at the end of that.

I've been unemployed for 6 months now. I spend about half my day sending off job applications.

In my spare time, I write a lot of free music (other styles than chiptune) and soundtrack work (but I've only secured one paid position this year so far, which didn't pay that well) and do a lot of free writing work (with very occasional, low pay). I've also started writing scripts to send away to the BBC. I just love to do creative things, and I wish I could make a living from it.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Aphysia succks !

brooklyn!

really like seeing the varied backgrounds of everyone on here!

24/m/brooklyn. i've been trying to make guchi/knife city my entire income, but it's really fucking hard. i'm currently a consultant (lol) to a music licensing company, where i organize their catalog, make sure artists are properly on file, do a little music supervision, some other stuff.
all work/music aside, there isn't much left. i go home and chill with the best lady, or i go drink with friends a lot, or i play d&d, or i grill some stuff, or...that might be about it.

BOSTON
Vex wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

i think you can do better than that actually...

Lawlzing at the perfect hair for ever reference. Didnt know anyone remembered this show.

You're a boy who was a man who is a tree: Perfect hair forever.

lolusa

a fucking jammer is what my life is outside of this

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

18, live in the south of England relatively close to Brighton and i'm on a gap year before going to Uni to study Media Studies, but have been caught with Bronchitis for about a month now so mostly home-ridden watching films and reading books at the moment, so using the down time to learn new things (beginner books on evolution and astronomy, moving on to quantum physics next week).
Spend a lot of time playing indie games as well. and the rest of the time searching for another job for when I'm finally better. Not writing a whole lot of music at the moment as the concentration needed is too great seen as I'm currently only sleeping about 2 hours a night due to the ills (though it does leave a shit load of time to watch films and play Megaman roms which is sweeck)

Honestly thought this thread would crash but it's genuinely interesting to learn of the people behind the alias

Lexington, KY

I hear Ant1 is actually a duck in real life.
Like, an actual factual duck. He uses emulators on his Quackintosh.

BA DUM TSS.

Joliette, QC, Canada
Solarbear wrote:

I hear Ant1 is actually a duck in real life.
Like, an actual factual duck. He uses emulators on his Quackintosh.

BA DUM TSS.

Naaah...Ant1 is a Bouquetin !

orange county, CA
SKGB wrote:

oh it's on like donkey kong

pretty sure this one takes it. i died at this one.
hahaahhaah.

You all look like a bunch of faggots.

Florida
Heosphoros wrote:

You all look like a bunch of faggots.

I would've put it a little nicer (ie 'gayfers'), but I have to agree with this man.

Madison, Alabama
Sycamore Drive wrote:
kitsch wrote:

got my MA in PoliSci in december, its done all of shit for me.  so i'm either unemployed, or fully employed at kitsch-bent, depending on who you're asking...

I finished up an MSc in European Public Policy in October and it has got me nowhere either.

Good to see some other pretty useless degrees!  I have an MFA (Master of *Fine* Arts, haha) in Fiction Writing.  Taking classes on writing fiction kind of soured me on writing fiction, so I make music instead.  My degree did get me a job, though.  I'm a technical writer/editor.

brooklyn

I'm 18, currently finishing up my freshman year studying music technology at NYU (with PopSTAR lololol), living in a dorm "on campus" (in reality "campus" is just greenwich village / washington sq park)

I live in Frederick, Maryland and will be returning there for the summer (EXCEPT FOR BLIP DUH), but seem to be slowly transitioning to living mostly in NYC. I work in the NYU library for now and just do dumb stuff with my various friends from NYU / New School / randomotherplacesinthecity in my free time.