L0O3, C0rnw4//.
egr wrote:

Totally agree.  All they really need to do is just give everyone permission to have .zip as bonus item.  SOLVED.

totaly

Philly, PA, USA

Part of the reason they don't, i'm betting, is so that people don't just use it as a file sharing/hosting site rather than just for music

Unsubscribe

That seems like a really convoluted way to share warez/0days. With DMCA, all they need is a easy take down system, problem solved.

Philly, PA, USA

well not even like pirated files, just, they want people to use it for music, not just distributing files, so they make sure people actually have music before they give them said "power up"

AANABAY01

animated .diz

Chicago IL

the email they sent me was awesome

Most esteemed Saskrotch, I hope you won't mind, but I took advantage of your ROM when you weren't looking, modified some low level configuration details with a bit of assembly language fu, blew on the slot, and slapped the cartridge back in. The result? Your account can now feature bonus download items of any format. This includes, but is not limited to, .lsdng, .sav, and .vgm.

Cheers!
Ryan

danimal cannon wrote:

I requested that power up and never got it sad

Did you say something like "can i get that any type of file power-up?" I acted like I didn't know it was a thing, and asked them if they had any plans to expand the file formats.

Gosford, Australia

They sound like the raddest bunch ever.
I might make use of this for my next release!

Abandoned on Fire
Saskrotch wrote:

the email they sent me was awesome

Most esteemed Saskrotch, I hope you won't mind, but I took advantage of your ROM when you weren't looking, modified some low level configuration details with a bit of assembly language fu, blew on the slot, and slapped the cartridge back in. The result? Your account can now feature bonus download items of any format. This includes, but is not limited to, .lsdng, .sav, and .vgm.

Cheers!
Ryan

Haha, sweet.  It looks like "Ryan" is our guy.  I checked my emails on the subject and turns out he's the guy that hooked me up as well.  smile

Ryan from Bandcamp wrote:

Hey Arnie,

I just enabled all manner of bonus download item filetypes for your account.

Cheers!
Ryan

Rochester, NY

Ryan also hooked us up this morning!

I pilfered your cartridge, reverse engineered your ROM, injected some helpful assembly language, blew on the slot, and snuck the thing back with the hecka awesome ability to upload any file format as a bonus download item.

Cheers!
Ryan

I specifically asked for the powerup, however... I said, "honestly, we've heard from our peers that there's an ability to upload any file format... do you think we could have that?  Please?"

What a swell guy!

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

This is now the Ryan from Bandcamp appreciation thread. smile

Babylon, NY
MicroD wrote:

This is now the Ryan from Bandcamp appreciation thread. smile

Here's the one I got a while ago:

Only super secret cool folks get the mega rad secret ultra awesome any-format Bonus Download Items. You can now count yourself among the cool.

Cheers smile
Ryan

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Hey Bryan,

I've just hit your account with a chiptune-happy bonus upload file type power-up. You can upload any sort of file as bonus material now.

Enjoy!

Ben

Rochester, NY

3 cheers for Ben

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I was a little worried because it took a little longer than a day. But now Ryan has some competition.

shanghai

hope no-one minds me hijacking this. but i have an unrelated but kind of related bandcamp problem.

so ext hard drive clicked to death : (
hadnt got round to backing up for a few months so its easy to get boomkat shit back....but bandcamp ?
im confused. i have 'my collection' but there's nowhere to re DL my purchases ? hmmmmmmmm
i googled this but didnt come up with any solid answer.
I emailed BC but didnt hear back yet.
Just wondered if any one here had a similar problem, solution or if im just being dumb as fuck (entirely possible)
thanks