England
xylo wrote:
BLEO wrote:

Also, Kool Skull: check yer damn PMs! Let's release that track on hexawe already!!!!

No?

talking heads - once in a lifetime

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12spb … time_music

that song / band.. i heart them. SAME AS IT EVER WAS

Nottingham, UK
defiantsystems wrote:

I keep hearing about people doing FM stuff but I'm not seeing it. I know a handful of people who do FM jawns but I don't think it's taking off like people think it is.

I'm doing a lot of FM, but mostly not tracker based.In my dreams I want to be able to replicate old PC98 games like coda and surasshu. Unfortunately I'm a bit naff at it.

defiantsystems wrote:

I keep hearing about people doing FM stuff but I'm not seeing it. I know a handful of people who do FM jawns but I don't think it's taking off like people think it is.

i feel like a lot of the ubiktune releases are pretty fm-heavy, but yea i agree

Douglas, Wyoming

ew wtf is a chiptune

.FILTHadelphia
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I'm doing a lot of FM, but mostly not tracker based.In my dreams I want to be able to replicate old PC98 games like coda and surasshu. Unfortunately I'm a bit naff at it.

What FM stuff are you using?

Los Angeles, CA

hey just so you fuckers know there is a chiptune festival every january in downtown los angeles called frequency that i curate and while we might not have the same star power as the other fests i'll fight to the death to defend the fact that the quality level of the artists at our fest are on the same level as any other big festival. truth be told i'd even go as far as to say its the only interesting festival right now, all the other big fests keep recycling the same ol' artists without showcasing all the talented newcomers. FIGHTING WORDS. (actually wait nevermind brkfest had a cool lineup this year)

Last edited by Wizwars (Sep 6, 2013 10:41 pm)

Bronx, NY

Is chiptune dying or dead?  Well, to quote Banksy: "I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time."  Considering we're still talking about it, I don't think it's dead.  But every joke rings with a bit of truth, and if there is any truth to the question, it's not so much dying in the sense of "never again" like its native americans we gave smallpox blankets to, but as was previously mentioned, the scene is simply changing.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Individuals grow, pursue different ventures, make friends, lose old ones, and these things all affect the things we love, including chip.  Cause, y'know, every new beginning is some other beginn-- DAMN IT!

http://youtu.be/xGytDsqkQY8

Detroit

yo wat up kewl

California

Change feels weird.

Bronx, NY
VCMG wrote:

Change feels weird.

does it feel warm and tingling inside? <.<

Joliette, QC, Canada

I miss TCTD so much... sad

MA

The chiptune scene where I live isn't too great [But the closest chip scene to me is Boston]
I've been into chiptune for about two years now and only been making serious chiptune for about a year now
But I feel I'll always like chiptune because It's just nostalgic in my opinion heart

Madison, Alabama

I love chiptunes! big_smile

From my perspective (living in freaking north Alabama!) things are picking up. BRKfest was rad. I'm playing a show in Nashville later this month. There is chiplife in the US South and Midwest for sure.

Chip is alive and well.

Chicago
Solarbear wrote:

chiptunes have always sucked

Just you.

Chicago

Dead is a strong word.
Scenes can't die. Objectively, you could say ska is dead. But every now and then there's a ska show people get pumped for here in denver. A scene can only die if those inside the scene allow it's death. 
I would say we are far from that.