Washington DC

Hahaha meanwhile I was watching it and developing heart disease.

FlashHeart

TIMMY!!!

Washington DC

LOL

infradead wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

i passed a bar today that had on their sign "WORLD SOCCER CUP"
i am surrounded by idiots

that sounds like everyone on my team at work.

the usa match was on this morning and they were all bitching it was boring.  hmm

ahah

Westfield, NJ
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Commentarists here in Brazil likes to say about the football magic, when weird things happens. The USA goal is one of those, when the play starts at a lost goal chance and culminates in a deadly counter-attack. Look how open was the defence of Algeria.

Hell, even I screamed goal. I was tense too.

It was one of those things where you just knew it would happen, because it had to happen... it just had to. After England was up by 1 to Slovenia early in their game, and USA had 2 goals disallowed (1 against Slovenia, 1 against Algeria), it just seemed like the cards were continuously stacked against them, and they were going to come back as they always do. It was even more amazing because Dempsey was stopped by the goalkeeper and then it seemed like the ball was just going to roll away untouched when Donovan ran into view and scored.

Infradead wrote:

that sounds like everyone on my team at work.

the usa match was on this morning and they were all bitching it was boring.

Ugh, such b.s. This was, for me, the most exciting game so far... so many shots on goal, so many saves, so many fouls, so much serious fighting by both teams to score all throughout the game, and then there was that goal that was declared offside, which really was a great play. I don't even know where to begin with people like that.

New York City

AGAHAHAHAHA ITALY AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Westfield, NJ
akira^8GB wrote:

AGAHAHAHAHA ITALY AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

I missed the game... anyone know where I can see a highlights video? I heard it was messy.

A gray world of dread

I watched Paraguay - Kiwis because I thought it would be the more entertaining match, but it turned out pretty bleh. Sad to see New Zealand go, though.
I changed streams fast enough to see crying Italians, probably should have watched that game.

Washington DC

Italy got served.

Brazil

Worst group of the cup this E group. But tomorrow will be the best game, keep watching.

I loled when Italy got out.

Also, I can't understand how there is people who think it's boring. That you dont like to see men running and sweating I can comprehend, but boring? The US league must be boring as hell, but then you need to watch REAL football (soccer my ass)

San Francisco

ME GUSTA FUTBOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

uhajdafdfdfa
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

But tomorrow will be the best game, keep watching.

Oh yeah? You must mean Switzerland vs Honduras? wink

A gray world of dread

Jesus, Brasil vs Portugal was a let-down. So boring the audience even forgot to toot their vuvuzelas. The "small" nations may technically not be on par, but at least they look like they want to play the fucking game.

Westfield, NJ

Did anyone see Japan vs. Denmark? I just caught up with the highlights reel and the goals were amazing.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/highlights … index.html

Westfield, NJ

Netherlands vs Cameroon was awesome too:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/highlights … index.html

Huddersfield, UK

Spain vs Chile was a pretty good game. Not sure what was more ridiculous though, the sending off or the last twenty minutes of the game being played out for 2-1.