Lexington, KY
chunter wrote:

Truth is if you want to approach quit/sabbatical from work territory you have to gig outside the chipmusic world and sell merchandise and have sync rights and all...

You don't want to approach that territory.

BOSTON

chip money millionaire

Brunswick, GA USA
Solarbear wrote:
chunter wrote:

Truth is if you want to approach quit/sabbatical from work territory you have to gig outside the chipmusic world and sell merchandise and have sync rights and all...

You don't want to approach that territory.

That's right, I don't, but to be fair there are people who make releases and are active in freelance BGM/VGM work. I expect they're too busy with projects to read the forum, let alone answer a thread like this so I'll just emphasize, they work hard. Anything worth having in life is far from guaranteed and not easy or quick to achieve. That's all I can say without being a hypocrite or patronizing.

buffalo, NY

If you want to make money I suggest not spending thousands on a PR campaign

Connecticut USA

Eh.. I make enough to support my horrific cigarette/diet coke addiction. Freelance sound stuff though like others are saying.

EDIT: Someone should become a millionaire off of making chiptune ringtones. That would be so sketchy and hilarious. Someone please do it...

Last edited by MisfitChris (Jun 22, 2012 8:31 pm)

washington

Through my chip career, I've lost $40. You should definitely be jealous.

krystal kaves

Madison, Alabama

I made enough to buy an 11-inch tall stuffed Totoro from China and I glued boobs on it and now I tell people its my sister but its not really my sister but since I bought it with money from chip I'm proud of it you know?

Godzilladelph

I get paid in bitches. My fee for playing a show is 35 bitches.

If you book me and Kool Skull you must pay us a combined total of 70 bitches.

Last edited by SKGB (Jun 22, 2012 9:52 pm)

If we actually made money do you think the forums would be less cynical?  This is fucking sad; and by sad I mean funny.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
SKGB wrote:

I get paid in bitches. My fee for playing a show is 35 bitches.

If you book me and Kool Skull you must pay us a combined total of 70 bitches.

That's a sweet deal!

guys

GUYS

Austin, Texas

I used to make a lot of money doing this, but the problem is that I could only ever get paid in BitCoin.

$2000. From 8 seconds worth of chip music.

how much are chip musicians worth?

ad-hell-aide

I do the chip musics for the dollar dollar.