Puerto Rico
SketchMan3 wrote:

PanicPlant welcome! It is nice to see a fellow LMMS user. big_smile

There are many many chipmusic composing options out there, so feel free to branch out to wherever you want or just stay right at home :3.

Haha, haven't met that many people who enjoy LMMS! It's a nifty little thing!

I'm in the process of acquiring as many tools as I can to further expand my sound-arsenal.

So far, DMG/LSDJ , My synths in LMMS for live playing and a KAOSSPAD as soon as I can get me one.
Like you say, it's good to branch out towards all the different options big_smile

Madriz, Spain

Hi guys.

We're not chipmusicians per se, but we're a new label interested in all sorts of music, including chip. Our first release comes this september smile

bed

gone

Last edited by sprusr (Jan 28, 2018 10:41 pm)

Pittsburgh

Hello! I'm Cam! I've been lurking around here for a short while, too shy to really say anything until now- although I figured I should speak up eventually. I'm new to chiptune from an artist's standpoint, but I've been listening to it for quite a few years. I'm hoping once I get a hang of the process I can get to work with music of my own, of course. I want to use LSDJ on a DMG as my weapon of choice, just based on portable preference, but I adore the sound of all sorts of computers and consoles! I've read up on lots of topics on here and it's such a stellar experience to see how amazing and inspirational all of the work I find on here is!

As far as what I'm already capable of, I'm a pretty talented pixel artist according to quite a few people, which also had a hand in my motivation to join on here. It's really cool to see chiptune and pixel art and the harmony those two things can share.

Oklahoma City, OK

Hello, everyone. My name is Nathan, from Oklahoma City, OK. I’m on ucollective and noisechannel but this is basically my first post on chipmusic. It is great to be a member of such an awesome website dedicated to the promotion of chip music. Here is a little bit of background on me.

I discovered the chip music scene from 8bc back in Fall of 2010, my junior year of college. I was a music composition major and ended up graduating in Spring 2013 with my bachelor’s degree in it. I lurked 8bc like a hawk and discovered some of my favorite artists that way, including Sabrepulse, IAYD, Disasterpeace, Fighter X, Electric Children, Trey Frey, and more. I first downloaded the full version of LSDJ 4.0 (I think it was?) and used my emulator, but got absolutely nowhere. Part of it was being lazy, a huge chunk of it was the intimidation I felt from a very heavy classical music school. My senior year I finished my first piece on LSDJ, using a Gameboy and cart this time around, and it was written with the intent to say, “fuck this, I’m a composer and I’ll write whatever I damn well please.” So I did and people liked it. I’ve writing chip music ever since, as well as more commercial music (I’m working on a short film score for a friend of mine now). I plan to write commercial music, specifically video game music as my career of choice from here on out.

That’s what I got and I'm sticking to it. It's a pleasure to meet you all! Also, is there anybody else on cm.o from Oklahoma City or the surrounding area? I was just curious, it feels like the chip scene in OKC is non-existent.

seattle

hi, i'm not really that new. i used to post as 'basspuddle', but i finally decided to make a new account that matched my artist name. (better late than never)

Charlotte, NC

Hello, I'm PGOF, and i'm new here. I'm into chiptune music by Space Boyfriend, and Fuzzheads. I really want to make my own music, and i plan to buy the stuff i need soon, but right now i'm looking at tutorials and stuff to learn.

NC in the US of America

Welcome all! big_smile

Hint: you don't need to buy stuff to get started making chipmusic if you already have a computer wink Also Space Boyfriend is great big_smile

Planet Zaxxon

Hello chipmusic.org !! smile I mainly enjoy to create musical soundscapes using FM synthesis. I have a bunch of old Sound Blaster 16 cards that I use, and I love them with all my heart. This forum seems like a nice home for me, and I hope we can all be friends someday.

-Spunky

Salford

Hi smile I am new here and would like to know some fellow chippy producers too :'D

Bitamin wrote:

Hi smile I am new here and would like to know some fellow chippy producers too :'D

Saw your username, did a doubletake. Welcome to the site smile

Last edited by thebitman (Sep 22, 2013 6:34 am)

Gloucester, United Kingdom

Hi all, my name's qbnut. I've been popping my head around the corner of these forums for a while, but thought it's time for the formal introduction.

I'm primarily an LSDj user, starting with a Game boy Pocket that I've had for years, but after seeing the kit used by the artists at Superbyte 2013, I'm now using a self Prosounded DMG-01 (and what a difference!). I would class myself as just above beginner, but I'm getting there I think.

My recent stuff sounds like this, a dancy sort of poppy sound: https://soundcloud.com/qbnut/enough

Last edited by qbnut (Sep 23, 2013 11:03 pm)

San Diego, California

Hi, my name is Alexis, and I've been making music for almost two years now. I produce using FL Studio and various soft synths (Famisynth, Peach, Magical 8Bit Plug, and NI Massive for more complicated sounds). My music isn't solely based in chiptune, it's more like a hybrid of Electro-House and Fakebit, using some 8-bit sounds and some Electro-influenced sounds. This kind of leads a question: taking into account the fact that I don't use any tracker emulators or actual 8-bit hardware to make my music, is this the right place to share my music? If it is, then here's my first EP, which I just released yesterday: https://soundcloud.com/virtual-boys/sets/imsorandomep

I look forward to chilling with you guys! smile

Boise, ID
Virtual Boys wrote:

taking into account the fact that I don't use any tracker emulators or actual 8-bit hardware to make my music, is this the right place to share my music? If it is, then here's my first EP, which I just released yesterday: https://soundcloud.com/virtual-boys/sets/imsorandomep

I look forward to chilling with you guys! smile

I gave your EP a listen, awesome stuff! This is definitely a place to share your music. I put out nothing but chippy DAW music for quite a while before I got into trackers and gameboys and the like. Welcome!

Sup! My name's Jacob Sheehan! My chip artist title is Bit-R Chaos. I'm fairly new to making chiptunes and I'm open to constructive criticism. Everyone may feel free to come to my profile to listen to my songs. Thanks! big_smile

San Diego, California
ShintarouMusic wrote:

I gave your EP a listen, awesome stuff! This is definitely a place to share your music. I put out nothing but chippy DAW music for quite a while before I got into trackers and gameboys and the like. Welcome!

Thank you so much! I'd love to learn how to use all the various emulators and stuff, but unlike with mainstream DAWs, there aren't really any tutorials for stuff like Nanoloop or ArkosTracker, so they're kinda difficult to get into.